Plantain & Minty Mango Salsa
A mouth-watering Plantain & Minty Mango Salsa dish by Richard, the founder of Pinch of West Africa.
- 2 Ripe Yellow plantain
- 1 Mango
- Half a Lime
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying
- 3-4 Mint Leaves
- Optional: a pinch of salt & Paprika (to season the plantain before frying)
Shop for your ingredients
- 8 to 10 minutes
- 10 to 15 minutes
- For the Salsa: Peel 1 mango, cut into small/medium sized chunks and add to a bowl.
- Finely chop the mint leaves and add to the bowl of chopped mango.
- Squeeze half a lime and add to the mango & mint. Mix and set aside.
- For the Plantain: Add oil into a nonstick frying pan and place on medium heat. Add the plantain when the oil begins to simmer.
- Fry the plantain in batches for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove plantain from the pan and drain on paper towels or in a colander.
- Plate up your plantain with the mango salsa on the side and enjoy!